Be sure to check out my blog http://cherrillfarnsworth.info
Women who are looking for a mentor in entrepreneurial skills should consider reading any articles written about Cherrill Farnsworth, Healthhelps CEO. Farnsworth’s record in business is very impressive, with over thirty years as an entrepreneur and almost thirty years experience in the health care business.
Cherrill Farnsworth first business venture, Suburban Transportation Company dates back to the 1970’s.
Farnsworth was able to persuade the Texas Railroad Commission to grant her a bus franchise. She recognized her strength in leasing and putting together deals and consequently opened a series of leasing companies.
In the 1980’s Farnsworth changed her focus to MRI’s and opened a chain of radiology centers called TME Inc. Cherrill Farnsworth found a niche in technology that was so new that most hospitals were loath to buy their own machines because medicare was reluctant to reimburse them for the tests.
Entrepreneurs, like Farnsworth evaluate, recognize a need and jump in.
Cherrill Farnsworth’s interest in government regulations have helped her to identify gaps that need to be filled. In the 1990’s , her progressive vision led to the opening of HealthHelp, which handles radiology programs for insurers. She remains the President and CEO of HealthHelp, one of 500 of the fastest growing companies nationwide, though she has sold her other companies to strategic partners. HealthHelp is her seventh government regulated entrepreneurial venture. Farnsworth is considered an expert on changing health care regulations who regularly advocates for reform and management to several congressional and other regulatory bodies.
What are the traits that Farnsworth has demonstrated that have led to her success and that all other women entrepreneurs should be aware of?
Farnsworth is confident in her own ability and is willing to learn from others. She has a documented history of making sound judgments. Her confidence allows her to explore uncharted territories.
Cherrill Farnsworth is ambitious. Her inner drive has transformed her dreams into reality. She has developed in depth knowledge of the field she is in. She is innovative and a calculated risk taker. Her determination to achieve her goals has helped her business to flourish.
She is willing to learn. Cherrill Farnsworth thrives in a changing environment. Adapting her business to changes in technology gives her an edge above her competitors.
She is cost conscious. She relentlessly pursues every source of investment capital she can think of.
Cherrill Farnsworth recognizes that good companies will continue to be financed even if the funding environment is proceeding more cautiously.
She has the ability to work with all levels of people. This strategy has helped her manage all aspects of her company from financing requests to hiring.
She balances work and home. Cherrill Farnsworth blends business priorities with other responsibilities.
Farnsworth is conscious of her responsibility to society. She sits on several boards including The American Association of PPOs. She also serves on the facilities of the Radiology Society of North America and American Healthcare Radiology Administrators and on the Advisory Board of Imaging Economics and Advanced Imaging. She has also received entrepreneur of the year awards from KPMG Peat Marwick and Ernst & Young.
Women entrepreneurs certainly can learn a lot from embracing the values and vision of Cherrill Farnsworth and applying her wonderful example to their own lives.
Belief in product, gut feeling kept Farnsworth from changing course… Like any entrepreneur, business owner Cherrill Farnsworth always dreamed of having her small company take off overnight. But when that actually played out, her dream almost turned into a nightmare. Read more…
More Strings Attached… Cherrill Farnsworth was relentless this past winter and spring as she pursued every source of investment capital she could think of for a fourth round of funding for her about-to-be-profitable company, HealthHelp Read more…
- cherrill farnsworth healthhelp » Yeni Dü?ünce – Farnsworth’s record in business is very impressive, with over thirty years as an entrepreneur and almost thirty years experience in the health care business. Therefore, you have to get some not difficult studying of men’s boots in move frontwards of you deciding to pay for them and I count on my portion may possibly nicely give you some aid. For families using a little young woman, there is certainly Crocs produced explicitly for that princess of the residence.
- HealthHelp CEO, Cherrill Farnsworth Speaking at AHRA –
- Cherrill Farnsworth – Stealth Mode Watch – com has returned to its roots as an application programming interface (API), and has been redesigned as a collection of large data sets accessible through one source. Find out more, read the documentation, or request an API key and try it for yourself.
- Cherrill Farnsworth, Healthhelp CEO – Women Entrepreneurs In … – Women wh? ?r? looking f?r a mentor ?n entrepreneurial skills ?h???? consider reading ?n? articles written ?b??t Cherrill Farnsworth, Healthhelp CEO. Farnsworth’s record ?n business ?? very impressive, w?th over thirty years …
- Pathable: Cherrill Farnsworth HealthHelp President & CEO … With more than twenty-five years of experience in health care business and more than thirty-five as an entrepreneur, Ms. Farnsworth is a regular speaker at business and health care symposia and is considered a national expert on changing health care regulations
- Google’s 20% « Binary Bonsai – I also love the story of how Google Reader came to exist. It was a side project necessary to test a parser, which then accidentally became a 20% project and ended up as a full Google product. Josue Salazar. Nov 7, ’07 at 17: …
- Terry Jones » Blog Archive » Pushing back on the elevator pitch – Posted Saturday, December 1st, 2007 at 11:28 pm under companies, me. I’ve been out talking to people about raising money for Fluidinfo. Over the last 7 years I’ve read literally thousands of articles on talking to potential investors, pitching, raising money, angels, VCs, dilution, control, rounds, boards, strategies, valuations, burn rates, equity, etc.
- Big picture vs Tactical Entrepreneurs at VentureWoods – India’s … – Recently came across a couple of entrepreneurs who have built significant businesses on back of very tactical opportunities — great ability to spot that niche and move aggressively to service it. Now these entrepreneurs want …
- Startupping – a new resource for entrepreneurs at VentureWoods … – I recently came across Startupping – which looks to be an interesting online gathering place for entrepreneurs. It is heavily focused on the internet space, but other kinds of entrepreneurs will also find some interesting tidbits …
- Internet Marketing with Matt Bacak | Archive | December – For the last few years, a handful of luckypeople have been raking in fortunes from avirtual Internet monopoly. Their singlebest advantage that brought them riches no one else knew their secrets. But now a single renegade is willingto break his vow of silence and revealthe secrets used by these select few torake in as much as [.
- On hurricanes and windmills and independent bloggers – confused … – When I looked at some of the myths related to social software, I received some very interesting comments, comments that I’m still working on. For some serendipitous reason, one particular aspect of my research grew faster …
- Space Politics » Commercial commitment – One aspect of Monday’s ESAS announcement that hasn’t gotten a lot of attention is NASA’s continued push to seek commercial cargo and crew services options for the ISS. That’s not new, of course Mike Griffin made comments along those lines this summer, as did Chris Shank at the Return to the Moon Conference in Las Vegas in July but Monday’s announcement reiterated that intent even as NASA designs the CEV to be able to support the station as an alternative. NASA has not had at its upper levels a manager or an administrator more supportive of commercial enterprise than I.
- The Economy of Abundance – Chris Anderson, purveyor of the Long Tail, has been heard discussing the related concept of the Abundance Economy. While I would love to provide you with a succinct definition, but David Hornick has done a very nice job …
- The elusive business angel « nowEurope – Published on May 25, 2006 in Venture capital. A key roadblock for innovative new businesses in Hungary is the relative lack of capital for early stage startup companies. One way this gap is filled in other countries is the business angel’ a wealthy individual who brings not only his cash, but often his expertise, contacts and elbow grease.